Hall Microscopes Facility
Location: 7230 Marsico Hall
Marsico Lung Institute
- The VisioPharm program must be allowed to shut down completely
signing off (log off)
- Please carefully Sign Off (log off) from Windows when done and after
VisioPharm has completely shut down
- Using VisioPharm has a steep learning curve
- Rebooting the computer in order to disconnect other users running
VisioPharm can damage the VisioPharm installation
VisioPharm is a pathology
image analysis program for the detection and segmentation of structures in
chromogenic and fluorescent samples based on shape, size, texture, color and
other parameters. It allows learning and batch
processing. The software is installed on a Windows 10 Enterprise
workstation located at 7230 Marsico Hall. Images are typically from slide
scanners and other high content sources.
- A mhmicroscopy domain account is required to log into the workstation -
Ask Michael for an account or a password reset.
- Explicit permission is required for
remote desktop connection to the VisioPharm workstation.
- Your mhmicroscopy domain account needs to be a member of the visiopharm-grp
security group (ask Michael) in order to have permission to use the VisioPharm
database on the workstation
- Campus File Servers (e.g. CF Center
Shared/Group/Home, \\minsky.med.unc.edu\vs200, etc.) can be
connected to from the
workstation and used to
download data into the computer and VisioPharm database.
Visio-Database is on the E: drive which is a high speed M.2 solid state
storage. Since space is limited on E: longer term file storage should
on the G: or D: drives or network drives.
3. Operating the system:
- Creating a blank database
- Importing images
- Creating Apps
- Running processes
- Shutdown software
- Transfer data
- Sign out
4. First time use (new user):
5. Known Bugs:
6. Reporting Problems:
- Please contact Michael or Alessandra
- Contact VisioPharm for technical problems only. They charge for
App development and user assistance.
7. Dealing with software crashes: